General terms


2 pm - 12 pm 

The checkin time should be stated when the reservation is made. For checkin outside of this schedule, please contact the proprietor.


Until 11 pm

For late checkout, check with the proprietor.

Luggage hold

Clients may leave their bags in our installations free of charge, on the first and last day of their stay.

Access to outside areas

The Quinta da Tília guests are invited to use all areas of the property, except those identified as technical or not included in the contract.


Our clients are welcome to receive visitors at the Quinta da Tília during the day (between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m.). All persons staying the night at the Quinta da Tília must be registered on our books.

Personal belongings

The Quinta da Tília is not liable for any loss or damage to the guests personal belongings

Guests with special needs

The establishment is suitable for guests with special needs. When making your reservation, please inform us of any specific requirements so that they can be provided for (e.g. wheelchair).

Prohibited or restricted activities

Smoking is allowed only in the open air spaces of the Quinta da Tília: garden and verandahs. Gambling, prostitution, drugs and other activities which violate Portuguese law are prohibited in our installations.


The general cleaning, including change of sheets and towels, will always be done prior to the entry of new guests, and weekly for stays of more than 5 days (time to be arranged).

Guests can request extra cleaning.

Bed linen and towels

Bed linen and towels are provided

Sheets and towels will be changed prior to the entry of new guests and whenever the stay exceeds 5 days. A spare change of linen is delivered on the day of entry.

Guests may request extra changes of linen.

Damaged or lost property

The Quinta da Tilia shall exercise the right to demand compensation from the client for any loss or damage caused to the property of the establishment.


Pets are allowed as long as their owners take responsibility for the cleanliness and hygiene of the space occupied by the animal and any damage that may be caused by them.


Reservations are made preferably via our website or by email, but they can also be made by phone. Proof of booking is issued and sent.


Payment of a deposit is required upon confirmation of booking. The client will be duly informed during the booking procedure.


30% of the total shall be paid upon confirmation of the booking. The remaining 70% will be paid before or upon checkin.

Payment methods

Payment must be made by bank transfer, PayPal or credit card. Payment by cheque is not accepted

Cancellations and no-shows

In case of cancellation up to 14 days in advance, the price of the stay will be refunded in full. When a reservation is made, acceptance of the terms laid out in these “Terms and conditions” is automatically confirmed.